Sunday, January 18, 2015

Love Dare

I miss blogging, but I've really struggled with it at the same time. Mostly because I've really struggled with everything the last 9 months or more. I've been worn to an absolute frazzle. I have had no strength or energy or will and my patience is paper thin. It's not good to have paper thin patience when your children require an inordinate and incalculable amount of patience just to get through the morning to 7:30 am....   I've been exhausted to the core. . .

Sleep had been a problem here for several months. I was averaging 4 to 6 hours of sleep and laying in bed frustrated and anxiety riddled for the rest of the night. Nothing was helping very much. Recently, I had a B12 and B complex shot and lo and behold I have slept fine every night since! I feel like a new person!!!!

I've been working out hard. Exercising hard nearly every day of the week and yet try as I might I could not lose an ounce. Finally I have dropped one pound. WHEW! I don't know whether to cheer or cry.

We're working with a Naturalist doctor to do something about my migraines. Praying to find something that lasts.

On instagram I have learned about a book called the Love Dare and it's about a marriage dare for 40 days. I thought it sounded like a neat idea, but I really needed it to be a Love Dare for parenting.... and so I went and looked and sure enough, there is a book on just that. So, I'm taking the Love Dare on a certain little Missy. To be super honest, sometimes I shut her out because every interaction is hard. She is still so very much about control and manipulation and pushing buttons. She doesn't trust me for a single second and that is harder than you can ever imagine to deal with.  But I'm taking the dare and I'm going to post about it... I'll take that as a dare, as well.

Last Wednesday after her swimming lesson I invited the twins to try lap swimming with me.  James was freaking out and crying and saying he couldn't do it no matter how much I assured him I would be right beside him taking care of him. He can swim just fine. I saw him doing the breast stroke just minutes before, yet I was not the teacher, so he could not trust me - even though I gave him a kick board to hold. So, he got out and sat on the bench.  Missy on the other hand, LOVES the water. And she swam laps with me and another little girl for an hour and half - laughing and happy the whole time. REALLY HAPPY. The only time you see the real happy kid is in the water.  It was a time to wish it was always like that for her.....


7 comments:

Tony and Heather Snyder said...

Have you have trim healthy mama? I've started doing it, dropped 20lbs and feel so much better. Not sure if its something you'd be interested in or not but it might be worth checking out.

Melinda H. said...

Start swimming with Missy as much as you can. Sounds like it's an opportunity to build some positive into your life. :)

Annie said...

Have you read Christie Minich's blog? She spent a lot of time with her new daughter in the water, with as much skin on skin contact as possible (via games, etc.), just for bonding.

Nice idea! And what a great inspiration. Another book you might like (similar idea) is The Nurtured Heart by Howard Glasser.

I find that these strategies are good for me, too. Practicing love never hurts.

acceptance with joy said...

I have heard of Trim Healthy Mama.... haven't tried it, though. Sounds successful.

I don't know Christie Minich's blog?? what is it called?

we should swim twice a week if all goes as planned

Oldqueen44 said...

You need to get tested by a Lyme literate doctor. Don't waste time or money on the typical PCP. Do some research and see what you think.

Cherbos said...

I used to read Christie Minich's old blog, but I think she went private. Then I found her new one http://parentingthatheals.org/ where she talks about adoption education and parenting support. She has 4 adopted teen girls, who all seem very happy and they love their Mom. I hope that you find out why you are having such bad migraines, and that they go away!

acceptance with joy said...

Thank you. I do remember her old blog.Interesting to catch up on the new one.